______________________________________________


______________________________________________


"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box." - Congressman Larry McDonald M.D.
(1 April, 1935 - 1 Sept., 1983)


_________________________


God Save The Republic







08 September 2010

One Must Have Priorities

The Reverend Terry Jones, of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville Florida, is promoting an interesting demonstration, to be held on September 11, to mark the ninth anniversary of the gutless terrorist attacks of 09 11 01. (A day that will, and should, live in infamy) Rev. Jones is calling for an international "Burn A Koran Day," which the White House, religious leaders and other are pressuring him to call off.

According to Jones, he has received more than one hundred death threats, since announcing his plan, and now feels forced to carry a .40 caliber pistol for self protection. Despite the threats and pressure, Rev. Jones refuses to abandon his intentions. Supporters have been mailing copies of the Koran to his church, of about fifty followers, to be incinerated Saturday.

Secretary of State, Hillery Clinton voiced her disapproval of the proposed demonstration, while at a dinner in observance of Iftar, which signifies the end of the daily fast observed during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Ms. Clinton said, "I am heartened by the clear, unequivocal condemnation of this disrespectful, disgraceful act that has come from American religious leaders of all faiths."

U.S. Army General David Petraeus warned in an email to the Associated Press that "images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan, and around the world, to flame public opinion and incite violence.

White House spokesperson Robert Gibbs echoed the concerns raised by Petraeus saying, any type of activity like this, that puts our troops in harms way would be a concern to this administration.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder called the planned burning "idiotic and dangerous" according to a Justice Department official. Holder made the statement during a meeting with religious leaders to discuss recent attacks on Muslims and mosques around the U.S.

Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe, who during his campaign became the target of a Jones led protest because he is openly gay, has declared Sept. 11 as "Interfaith Solidarity Day" in his city.

In Afghanistan, Muslim cleric and Afghan parliament candidate Mohammad Mukhtar said, "When their holy book gets burned in public, then there is nothing left. If this happens, the first and most important reaction will be that wherever Americans are seen, they will be killed. No matter where they will be in the world, they will be killed."

Last month, Indonesian Muslims demonstrated outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, threatening violence if Jones goes through with the burning.

....................

I find it easy to comprehend the concept of Hillery Clinton celebrating the end of any period of fasting. I just have a little trouble understanding her celebrating the month long fasting observed during Ramadan. Especially since there would be absolutely no caloric benefit to kissing Muslim ass. And considering the size of those tree trunks she calls legs, I find it difficult to imagine her surviving the period of fasting between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner.

General Petraeus appears to have become blind to the fact that Muslims are offended by EVERYTHING, especially the continued breathing by any group of people who are not Muslim.

Robert Gibbs seems to have become blind to the fact that U.S. military personnel, serving in Afghanistan and throughout the world are already eyebrow deep in harms way, thanks to the idiots who have and who are running the U.S. and the war against terror.

Eric Holder is the Attorney General, still? He has been so far under the radar for so long, I forgot he exists. I'm pretty sure I liked him much better that way.

Gaiesville's Mayor Lowe appears to have an unusual concept of the meaning of turning the other cheek. Then again, perhaps he is a cheek turner from way back, much like the aforementioned high ranking government officials who seem to have made it a priority to nuzzle and pucker up to every Muslim butt cheek they can find.

To Reverend Jones I say this; I would send you a copy of the Quran to burn only I don't think it would ignite because it's soaking wet from cover to cover. And urine soaked paper tends to stink up the air when tossed into a fire.

MikeH.

3 comments:

  1. (regarding last paragraph)...as well the pages we used for posterior hygiene...that bonfire will drive folks away,not make them congregate...

    ...good post Brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a copy on my desk at work. It comes in handy. I've used pages to blow my nose on, wipe dog $h!+ off my shoes with and then flush down the toilet, wipe up bacon or sausage grease at lunch, and I keep several pages in my wallet in case the bathroom is out of TP or I have to pick up a dog+urd when walking the dogs. Saturday I'm going to put a 5.56 round from my AR15 Freedom Rifle through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my town a prominent radio personality makes it quite clear he carries a concealed weapon. He has been threatened and he always supported the 2nd amendment so it is no suprise. But which is the best strategy: 1.Carry a gun but keep it secret. 2)Carry a gun and make sure everyone knows. I far prefer #1. I don't want a confrontation and I don't want to kill another human but IF this is going to happen I want the man who comes to kill me to be supremely over-confident. I can only assume that if I was tasked with eliminating someone who carried a gun that I would take steps to negate that gun and insure my success. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete